M. Nathan Barbera
Phone: (972) 262-0800
M. Nathan Barbera was born and raised in Texas, graduating from Plano Senior High School. He then attended the University of Mississippi where he majored in Legal Systems Administration and earned a Bachelor of Public Administration in 1994. He received his Juris Doctorate from St. Mary's School of Law in 1998. Soon thereafter he returned to the Dallas area and began his legal career.
M. Nathan Barbera has spent sixteen years as a civil litigation attorney representing insurance companies, policy holders, corporations, employers and various business entities. He has vast jury trial experience in the courtroom handling negligence claims, first-party insurance claims, products liability claims, Deceptive Trade Practices claims, employment claims, and commercial litigation matters.
M. Nathan Barbera has over fifteen years experience as an insurance defense attorney working for and on behalf of many large insurance companies. He is the former Managing Attorney for the entire state of Texas for one of the largest privately held property and casualty insurance companies in the United States. In 2014 Nathan re-joined longtime friends, colleagues and former legal partners, John K. Vaughan and Daena Ramsey, as Of Counsel to the firm.
M. Nathan Barbera is a lifelong resident of Plano, Texas, where he currently resides with his wife Alisha and their son, Palmer. He has a long history of community involvement with the City of Plano, the Plano Independent School District, as well as various non-profit and philanthropic organizations. In his spare time Nathan enjoys playing golf and tennis, listening to live music and teaching his young son how to play any sport he asks his Daddy how to play.
- State Bar of Texas, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, J.D. 1998
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi, B.P.A. 1994
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Bar Foundation
- Dallas Bar Association
- Member, City of Plano Planning & Zoning Commission
- Member, Collin County Parks Foundation
- Member, Plano Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Board of Directors, Plano Rotary Club
- Member, Plano Rotary Club
- Member, Board of Directors, Plano Independent School District Alumni Association
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Plano Chamber of Commerce B.U.G.P.A.C.
- Past Member, City of Plano Parks and Recreation Planning Board
- Past Member, Advisory Board of Directors, Junior League of Plano
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Collin Intervention To Youth, Inc. ("CITY House")
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Assistance Center of Collin County
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Plano Youth Leadership
- Member, Plano Independent School District, Academy Visioning Committee, 2010
- Member, Plano Independent School District, Blue Ribbon Boundary Committee, 2002
- Member, Plano Independent School District, Bond Task Force, 2004 and 2008